Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Arcade Fire: In Concert (Coming August 6th)


OK, so I just had what may have been the most exciting/insane 30 minutes of my life. Honestly.

Ever since I purchased their debut album Funeral at an independent record store in Raleigh, North Carolina, I have wanted to see the Arcade Fire live. Their debut album changed the way I look at music and skyrocketed them to the top of my favorite band list. They have stayed their ever since.

Almost 6 years later, I have graduated from high school, college, gotten a job, and gotten engaged (to an arcade fire fan). Things have changed drastically in my life, but I still salivate at every single thing the Canadian rockers put out.

Last Wednesday I was told that the Arcade Fire would be having a pre-sale of tickets for a venue that was a mere 30 minutes from our home. I waited patiently at my computer until the clock struck 10AM (the said time of presale), but alas, the supposed date of my concert was blank. After phonecalls and e-mails to Merge Records, Merriweather Post Pavillion, and Paste Magazine, we came to the conclusion that the presale had had technical difficulties and would go on sale again at a later date.

I stayed tuned to websites and discovered (via the Arcade Fire's twitter page) that the presales for our show would occur on June 9th at 10AM at the Arcade Fire's website. Come Wednesday I was there, again, at my computer, waiting to click go when...my computer crashed. I ran to a co-workers computer, forced her to get up and went through the process. I got the tickets (Front Row!!!) in my check-out cart when the screen froze! I let out a yelp (the same you would hear from a dog when you step on it's tail) and refreshed.

And then...like a gift from God I saw the words I had been waiting for 6 years to see.

"Confirmed Order: Arcade Fire Tickets"

I sat in a dream state and reveled in what had just happened. Not only are they fron row tickets--but Spoon is opening up for them!

Today was indeed, a wonderful day--all I need now is for my fingernails to grow back!

1 comment:

Dugaldo said...

I've listened to Arcade Fire in my head phones on some of best walks around some of my favorite cities in the world.

Here you might like this

http://dugaldo.blogspot.com/2009/10/we-can-live-on-misbehavior.html