Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Stuff I've Been Into Lately

1. High Violet by The National- It may just be better than Boxer. Im not quite sure. Id have to listen to it a few more times before I make an accurate assessment. But the fact that it's even a possibility means that this cd is really, really good. I highly recommend checking it out.

2. The Walking Dead Comic Series- I read the first few issues a while back and just never got around to reading the following stories. Now that they are available in volumes (and books, and omibus volumes) I have been really getting into the series. It is really fantastic.

3. Ipads- Basically I just want one because the are unbelievably slick and cool looking. Also, whenever I go to Best Buy I cant stop playing with them.

4. Following Roger Ebert's Twitter War with the Tea Party- At first it was a friendly debate. Then things were said to Ebert like "how many more pieces of you need to fall off before you shut up?" Don't get me wrong, I hate hearing humans reduce themselves to a level lower than bottom-feeders. It's appaling to me, I understand cheapshots, but making fun of a man's struggle with cancer is just wrong and there is no other way to put it. Watching this group expose themselves as the tactless, awful individuals that they are just makes me laugh--sort of.

5. Leon: The Professional- It was one of my favorite movies when I was in high school, and I hadn't seen it in a while, so Saturday night I decided to pop it in. Good Lord it is good. And Natalie Portman was such a phenomenal actress at such a young age. If you havent seen this film, or even if it's been a while since you have, I suggest you revisit it. You won't be dissappointed!

No comments: