Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Things I've Been Into Lately...

Work has finally started to slow down (for now) and I've been able to set aside some time for the finer things in life.

Lia Daniele Kerner-This goes without saying.

She & Him Vol. 2- I really love this album and I find myself listening to it a lot at work. Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward continue to refine their sound, making the best Indie record Nancy Sinatra never made.

The Fantastic Mr. Fox- Lia and I watched this the other afternoon and thought it was absolutely hilarious. We've been quoting it to each other ever since. Wes Anderson needs to make more movies--one per year will do (as long as the quality holds up).

The "Perfect" Townhouse- Shhh...(Lia and I think we found it--but we're trying not to jinx it).

Springtime- Now that the snow has melted away and the grass has turned from tan to deep green I have no problem walking the dogs. Deep breaths of semi-warm air is good for the soul.

Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago- This record hasn't gotten old yet...and I dont think that it will ever.

Flying Dog Pale Ale- The best beer ever, in my humble opinion.

Zeitoun by Dave Eggers- I started this a while ago and work got crazy so I had to pause. But seriously this book is incredible and I recommend it to everyone.

The Pacific on HBO- The sister miniseries to Band of Brothers, this engaging miniseries tells the stories of three marines during the Pacific campaign in WWII. It's brilliant, thought-provoking, and extremely well-made.

No comments: