Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Consistency is Good

So lately things have been crazy. Work has been crazy. I haven't had much chance to breathe as we are writing 3 different proposals for the government and I've had to work late nights, weekends, and early mornings. If I could say one thing that is a bummer about my job it's the not knowing what comes next. But then again that makes it fun, to a certain extent. It keeps things interesting and stops it from being mundane. But sometimes consistency is good.

For instance I love that when I come home I can count on the dogs jumping on me, wagging with excitement to see me. I love that my fiance comes home everyday with hilarious tales from the NRA (it is still funny to me that she actually works there). I love that every Tuesday from 9-10 my favorite show, LOST, comes on. But alas, this is the final season of LOST--so the impending end of another consistency is near. Of course LOST will, one day, be replaced after it's end--and if it isn't Lia and I can always relive the fun on DVD. But for now, in the show's final weeks, Lia and I will tune in faithfully every week.

Perhaps this is why sports can be so easy to love. The Steelers play, every sunday (save for one bye-week) during football season. They are always there. They may not always win--they may dissappoint you, but they always try the next week to make up for it. Consistency like that is absent in a lot of people's lives.

Changes are coming up in my life. We have a wedding that is less than half a year away, we've begun house hunting, and talks of kids have emerged (we have agreed to wait a few years however :-) ). While it may seem with all that happening my life may be far from consistent, somehow knowing that I will come home to Lia everyday is all the consistency that I need. (That and maybe the Steelers maintaining winning records)

No comments: