Thursday, October 1, 2009

Phoenix- Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

Im pretty sure this album came out this summer therefore Im a little late, but damn if this isnt a good album. I mean it is such a fun, tightly constructed piece of music. I cant really imagine enjoying something else more this year.

I listened to it on repeat at work today, thinking I was going to make my co-workers sick, but of course Bob, a 40-year-old ex marine (the last person you'd think would be into music like this) asked me what I was jamming out to because he was on his way to best buy on the way home.

I was first introduced to Phoenix through Sofia Coppola's film "Lost in Translation" to which they provided the fantastic song "Too Young." I know I should have payed more attention to them when I first heard that track back in 2004, but of course some bands somehow manage to fall through the cracks. Phoenix obviously was determined to not let that happen to them as they churned out two of the most accessible, fun, albums of the decade.

If you are in the mood for something breezy, fun, but still a bit introspective, I'd give this album a listen. It will definitely be in heavy rotation in my car!

No comments: