Saturday, October 24, 2009

23 on the 23rd

Right now I am laying on the couch, stomach down, stretched out, listening to the new Yo La Tengo album Popular Songs. It is excellent, and the rain coming down outside only adds to the melanholy ambiance coming form my macbook's little speakers.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I spent it hanging around the house with my fiance and her family. If you had asked me any other day what I would've preferred to do on my 23rd birthday, hanging out with family may have not been the first thing I would've said. But for some reason yesterday it just felt perfect. I talked Steelers football with my soon-to-be brother-in-law, while my fiance and her sisters gabbed about family stuff.

Am I getting older, or does has the appeal of going out and "partying hard just because" lost its allure?

I think it's probably both but all I know is that this weekend is going by sweetly. Also, 23 is an age that sounds old. 21 and 22 still sounded young, but for some reason 23 seems different.I mean my life is drastically different today than it was a year ago. So maybe that has something to do with it. Actually, Im pretty sure it does.

No comments: