Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chan Chan Chan


I've been listening to Cat Power a lot lately. Actually, to clarify: I've been listening "Metal Heart" by Cat Power a lot lately. The reason is because at work I've just recently moved into a big room, and I'm the only one in it. It's probably a 30x10 foot room, all by myself. But this emptiness comes with a new freedom--and this is where the Cat Power song comes into play. I've hooked up these speakers to my computer--and I play that shit loud. I'm on the first floor--far away from everybody so I'm not disturbing anyone (even though I imagine the lame fifty-five year old men directly above me on the second floor complaining about "that damn twenty-something"). There is just something about the soul of her voice that fills up that room. It envelopes the corners and pulses in the walls.

Basically it's about the little things. It always has been. It probably always will be. Life is too short to listen to music played too softly.

No comments: