Thursday, July 15, 2010

List of the Week: Favorite Head-Scratcher Movies

Word on the street is that Inception is complex as hell. Word also is that it's a masterpiece. I love a meticulously plotted film. One that will engage me and keep me glued to the screen. If it's made well enough, it will warrant a "I'm gonna have to see that again." Sometimes films can be too complicated, during which they become a bit of a mess...but when a well-told complex story comes along, they can be great fun. Here are a few of my favorite movies that get better (or at least more understood) after seeing it more than once. These movies are either complicated in structure or meaning. Either/or they are much fun to pontificate over.

In no order...

1. Memento
2. The Matrix
3. 21 Grams
4. Solaris (1972)
5. Eternal Sunshine fo the Spotless Mind
6. La Jetee
7. Adaptation
8. Mulholland Drive
9. Barton Fink (Some may disagree but I had to watch it twice before I got it.)
10. Primer

No comments: