Tuesday, April 20, 2010

List of the Week: My Favorite Album Titles

Naming your album is an art, and one that gets forgotten from time to time. I mean when you are a kid the first thing you do when you create a faux-band with your best friend is name your band, and then you give your band's debut a name--then you start playing music. From the awesome to the ridiculous here we go:

"The World is NOT a Cold Dead Place" by Explosions in the Sky

"Building Nothing Out of Something" by Modest Mouse (In all honesty any of MM's album titles could be on here

"Let it Bleed" by The Rolling Stones

"Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven" by Godspeed You! Black Emperor

"It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" by Public Enemy

"I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass" Yo La Tengo

"Birth of the Cool" by Miles Davis

"Louder than Bombs" by The Smiths

"Appetite for Destruction" by Guns 'N Roses

"I And Love And You" by The Avett Brothers

No comments: